When & Where
We invite you to come and be a part of our church family!
New Jerusalem Christian Fellowship is a non-denominational church located in southern Michigan in the Irish Hills area with easy access right off of US-127 near US-12.
If you feel like there is a void or a disconnect in your life, you are looking at a church that has people who can help you find what's missing and in a way that glorifies God. We are committed to helping you grow in your walk with Christ and in your relationships with others. You will find that our Sunday sermons and teachings are biblically-based, relevant and have life application.
Sunday Schedule *
*Nursery is always available.
Sunday School (all ages) - 9:15 am
Fellowship - 10:00 am
War Room Prayer - 10:15 am
Worship Service - 10:30 am
Kids Church (PK-6th)- 10:30 am
Children dismissed after worship.
Dinner - 5:30 pm
Classes (all ages) - 6:15 pm
Who We Are
New Jerusalem Christian Fellowship is an independent non-denominational church of Christians united with the desire to serve God and His people.
Founded as a Full Gospel Church in the Jackson area in 1920, we relocated to the Addison area in 1990 to better follow an expanding vision of ministry to the southern Michigan counties of Jackson, Lenawee and Hillsdale. Experiencing the moving of God in our midst has led us to believe Him for seeing many in this tri-county area achieve a fullness in Christ through the ministry He has given us.
Pastor Bob Norman
Pastor Shelley Norman
A governing body of Elders lends a broad base of support to our Pastor, Bob Norman, and is a source of additional ministry and leadership for the members.
Rick & Deb Braman – Worship Leader/Administrator for School of Ministry
Bob & Pat Harvey – Children's Ministry/Together We Can Make A Difference/Lazy B's
Mark & Jody Matson – Sunday School Teacher/Prayer Director
Bob & Shelley Norman – Co-Pastors/Teachers/Praise Team
Bob & Michelle Reed – Teacher/Children's Pastor/Sound & Technical Support/Basket of Hope
New Jerusalem Christian Fellowship currently belongs to the following organization for support, resources, accountability, and fellowship.
CMI Global – Calvary Ministries Global, Inc. (CMI) exists as a fellowship of ministers and churches for the purpose of helping establish and strengthen the local church. It is located in Ft. Wayne, Indiana. Its overseer and leader is Rev. Dennis Kutzner. It's a privilege to work hand in hand with CMI strengthening local churches.
Bethesda Christian Church - Located in Sterling Heights, Michigan.
What We Believe
We at New Jerusalem Christian Fellowship are a non-denominational church. We believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God. Applying these sacred words to our lives is important as reading them and gaining knowledge and understanding.
It is our hope to lead many to salvation through Jesus Christ, Our Lord, and to grow and be equipped in the faith. We not only want to save the lost in our own families, church, and community, but also want to bring hope and healing to the inner-cities and throughout the world. We are a people of prayer. God hears us as we pray and He is faithful.
Statement of Faith (Fundamental Truths)
- God is the Creator of the universe and all things therein, including all mankind.
- God has revealed Himself as the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. These three are united as one Godhead. Jesus Christ existed in the beginning as the Word of God; was conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary as the only begotten Son of the Father; was crucified, died, and was buried; was raised to life again and ascended to heaven as our sin offering and intercessor; is the Head of His Church and our soon returning King.
- The Bible is the divinely inspired, inerrant, life-changing Word of God. It is our testimony of the revelation of Christ and our final authority concerning the things of God. (II Timothy 3:15, 16)
- Eternal life or eternal punishment awaits each of us at the Judgment based upon our acceptance or rejection of the atoning work of Jesus Christ.
- All mankind has sinned before God. The conviction of sin comes by the work of the Holy Spirit and the Word of God. Repentance is commanded of God and is necessary for the forgiveness of sins.
- Salvation is the free gift of God procured by grace through faith in Jesus Christ. Salvation is not attainable through good works or the law.
- Water baptism is the direct commandment of our Lord and should closely follow salvation. From the waters of baptism we should rise to walk in the newness of life which Christ has given us.
- The Baptism of the Holy Spirit is for the empowerment of the believers for the work of God. It is a free gift from God accompanied by the evidence of speaking in other tongues as the Holy Spirit gives utterance.
- The Lord's Supper serves to renew our covenant relationship with Jesus Christ and to show the Lord's death until He returns.
- The laying on of hands is administered to impart the power, blessing, healing and anointing of God upon our lives.
- God gives spiritual gifts and ministry gifts for our use in building up and maturing the body of Christ.
- We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female, and that these two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God.
- We believe that God created marriage to be exclusively the union of one man and one woman, and that intimate sexual activity is to occur exclusively within that union.
- We believe that all human life is sacred and created by God in His image. Human life is of inestimable worth in all its dimensions, including pre-born babies, the aged, the physically or mentally challenged, and every other stage or condition from conception through natural death. We are therefore called to defend, protect, love, and value all human life. (Ps. 139)
- The statement of faith does not exhaust the extent of our beliefs. The Bible itself, as inspired and infallible Word of God that speaks final authority concerning truth, morality, and the proper conduct of mankind, is the sole and final source of all that we believe. For purposes of New Jerusalem Christian Fellowship’s faith, doctrine, practice, policy, and discipline, our Pastor and Board of Elders is New Jerusalem’s final interpretive authority on the Bible’s meaning and application.
odel Jesus ive Relentless e Contagious
- To provide a safe haven for all who attend where there is unity through the Holy Spirit.
- To be known in the tri-county area and beyond as a church that actively reaches out in genuine love to the unbeliever and those in need, pointing them to the person of Jesus Christ through relationship building, strong personal witness and lifestyle.
- To maintain a strong presence in the community through the establishment of authentic relationships (partnering with other churches and organizations).
- To pioneer and be trailblazers in Christian education (School of Ministry, Foundation classes, discipleship training, mentoring, Bible studies, Vacation Bible School, Alpha, new creative programs, etc.) which will ensure all church members to receive a balanced diet of God's Word.
- To have a dynamic, area-wide youth ministry which compels this generation of youth to become active in the mission of the church and to equip them to defend their faith and mature in it.
- To promote seriousness in our dedication to God, encouraging members to move toward maturity, learning to worship in the spirit, and possessing an unselfish life, so that they may be able to reproduce and minister to others where God has planted them.
- To develop our leadership from members who have a prior history of dedicated, mature, and faithful service; who actively embrace the vision, mission, and purposes of New Jerusalem Christian Fellowship, and who manage their lives well in accordance with God's Word.
- To send out missionaries, evangelists, pastors, teachers and other church workers into our community, tri-county area, state and entire world.
- To plan, expand, and build new facilities to keep up with consistent numerical growth.
Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another--and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
There are many ways toand learn about God, develop friendships and get involved in exciting outreach opportunities. We invite you to come check us out!
Keep up-to-date with what's happening by checking out our church calendar.